« Home | I am kind of hungry » | Ego-licious survey Crap » | Proof....For all you who doubted it. » | Cursing » | Prospects for greatness » | It's About Time!! » | Justice is Not Just Blind Anymore! » | My Blogs Suck » | Online quzzes are for narcissistic jerks » | A Fallcious Response » 

Thursday, March 02, 2006 

When I Was Young

by Doctor Kuha



I looked at the mountains,
Asked myself “How did that happen?”
I Looked at a turtle,
The same question sits,
tumbling around
a ball bearing in a bowl.


Some say that God did it,
And Leave it at that. No elaboration.
I would persist, ask again, “How?”
I am rebuked, for asking stupid questions.
rebuked for asking questions
does God have hands?


Someone told me turtles evolved.
Evolved? I asked not knowing what it meant.
I ask my parents, they say, “We don’t believe in that.
We believe in God.” And that was that.
how could I argue?
no need to ask anymore.


But the question still remains.
It rolls around, bounces up and smacks you
There’s too many inconsistencies to ignore
The fact that some people are wrong.
So I ask again,
I ask different people…


Evolution can be reduced to a tautology:
“That which survives, survives.”
Tautologies are meaningless
But not in the same way as…
God did it.
Stop asking questions.


Evolution says, “Keep asking questions.
It’s the only way we will evolve.”
And I like that. It sits nice with me.
So now I don’t believe in God.
We don’t understand everything.
But they understand less.

Right on dude, you have hit the nail on the head. We don't know for sure, all we can do is look for truths.

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.