« Home | The Kicker » 

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 

The Antichrist? We Should Be So Lucky!

Have you seen this guy? He's simply amazing.

Just in case you didn't click the link, I want it perfectly clear how bizarre this all is. He's a vampire. He's running for governor. Okay, that's great. He follows a different religion. That's not too bad. He's Satanic. I mean, he claims to be all in favor of freedom of religion, but...he's Satanic. I mean, he stands for everything that the Christian right is against. He claims not to hate them, but that does not mean he doesn't personally look down upon them in utter contempt. Any self-identifying Christian would have to be a little bit foolish to vote for him.

Don't get me wrong, I believe in neither Lucifer nor "God the Father," as Sharkey calls him. But I can see very little chance for this guy to win the election. That being said, I do not think it's totally impossible for him to win. Very, very wierd things have happened in politics. Jesse Ventura, for instance. Oh, did you see the part where Sharkey talks about being a pro-wrestler?

I think it's entirely possible that this guy could create such a media frenzy, simply because he's so damned wierd, that he could make a fairly strong showing in the election, maybe even win, though it's way to early yet in this whole fiasco we call an election year to make any solid predictions.

My problem with him, though, is basically...well...bad grammar. His website is really, really badly made. The pictures are aweful, and poorly presented, the actual text is articulate enough to make you think he's got at least average intelligence, however, it's not articulate enough to make him brilliant. And he's really not very thorough. He did not do any revising. It's all first drafts. I mean, Bush couldn't make a better page, but at least he has editors.

You see, I want to vote for him, because some of his platform is good (though poorly developed), but he's just not smart enough to pull it off. If you look at everything on the site, you'll see a pattern emerge. Sharkey is nothing if not completely straightforward an honest (except to himself). His whole policy is built up, largely as a sounding board for all of his specific and somewhat uncommon pathology. Every single point in his platform is based on something that happened to him in the past. His drug policy for instance (punishment: impalement for possession or selling), is based on his experiences with an old girlfriend who was a junky. He's emotionally attatched to his issues in a way that I am uncomfortable with. His whole platform isn't based on carefully considering his stance on any particular issue, but some sort of emotional trauma.

On one of the sections of his site, he claims to be friends with the Bushes. If you find that material, I think you'll agree with me on the assessment that he's just a little bit deluded about it. Bottom line in all of this: he takes himself too seriously, and that's what causes problems in office.

Another detractor from his appeal for me is...well...this impalement thing. I am pretty much, one hundred percent, against the death penalty. And impalement, believe it or not, is a form of the death penalty. And Sharkey is really obsessed with it. If I thought for a moment that he could somehow legally bring back the death penalty in Minnesota, I would definitely not vote for him.

Well...I have no conclusions for the moment.

"if not completely straightforward and honest (except to himself)"

touché brother, touché.

yeah, dood's frightening I will say that. I think he would be a better vote then palente, but lets be honest not like I am going out to vote anyway

That's a good question!

...uhm...

Post a Comment
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 2.5 License.